Monday, July 13, 2015

Santa Fun - July Guest Designer!

We introduced our July guest in our July 1st post!  But here she is the lovely JOI:

Here is a little something about Joi:


"Wow,  sooooo totally honored to be here with you today.  Thanks bunches and bunches to the fabulous Maria and her very talented design team for giving me the SUPER FINE privilege of Mixed Media Mojo Guest Designer for July. Happy 4th to All!!!

I am Joi from Texas - known by most as Joi@RR because I do all my artwork here on the ranch.  In case you are wondering... the 'RR' is our ranch brand!  Over the years, I have learned to quilt, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, embroider, and to make commissioned stained glass pieces.  However I had never picked up a paint brush to paint on canvas, create paper art such as cards, or do any type of mixed media/altered art until about a year ago. I feel so blessed to have reached a point in my life when there is time to share and create art. 

All my life, I have been an encourager which means that I really really love spending time reading about your projects and leaving lots of messages for you all.  It makes me happy.  And you know what... in doing that - you have all become like family to me!  I can't wait to see what your next project will be .  Here is a big thank you to all for inspiring me to keep learning, growing and creating.

My first love is mixed media on canvas.  And guess what... I seldom use a brush!  I am one of those folks that love to have my fingers in the mess - heeheheheh!!! 

NOW ON TO THE PROJECT....  Santa's "Sew" Patriotic. 

No, I don't have a sewing machine. I'm a hand quilter, hand stitcher!!! BUT... did you know that Santa does????  He has been busy making flags for July 4th Celebrations.  While his little elves and happy reindeer begin to decorate and get the fireworks gathered, Santa has been busy creating with the red, white and blue.  For more details and pictures of Santa's "Sew" Patriotic... visit me at http://joiattheranch.blogspot.com/  


Hugs to all. j."


Today I have a great Journal Layout from Joi to share with you. But first this poem is the inspiration for the layout:

Santa Says...Shop Til You Drop
It's Christmas in July
Mrs. Claus hits the mall
Thinking Santa gave permission to buy.

Meanwhile Santa relaxes at home
Unaware of his face on sale tags
Imagine his shock from head to toe

When the Mrs. walks in with her bags.


I just love this and all these wonderful images!!

Check out these close ups:



Be sure to visit Joi's Blog for loads of more mixed media inspiration!  Go to her blog via this link to find out more details regarding this fabulous layout including mediums used!

Till next time!!

Maria

3 comments: