Monday, September 28, 2015

Lots of leftover layers !!!

I was fortunate enough recently to be able to attend a class with the fabulous Birgit Koopsen, I love everything Birgit does and was super excited to be in her class. 

We covered lots of different techniques in the two days and not wanting to waste a single bit of paint or collage element I had my art journal on hand to mop up all the extras. 


I mopped up paint, I used off cuts of Gelli prints, pieces of painted deli papers, pieces of gelli printed packing tape !!
I didn't worry about how they were arranged on my journal page, I was just quickly throwing them down onto the page so they didn't go to waste !!

When I came home from my weekend away I had a fabulously rich and luscious ready made background to play with.....


I never go to any classes now without my mop up journal....

You just never know what those left overs will allow you to create

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
Xx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Maria. I had such fun. It was great not thinking about the end result x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Tracy! The colors and various textures make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful - fabulous design and colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete